24.11.11

Uncertainty






Forever is what everybody yearns and nobody achieves
But happier it is to live together when we breathe
When at sudden does somebody cease to exist
Unbearable pain wrought the heart to endless torments

O precious life, life on this unsubstantial universe
You are but just like the yonder clouds of western horizon
Though I could behold my affectionate mother yesterday
Alone on this lonely earth did she abandon me today

In this erratic land of all uncertainties
With uncleared debts of sinful deeds, wherefore was I born
Was I dead when I was just born
Fain the yoke of anguished grief weighed me no ferocious trouble

The impaired sight couldn’t favour me the desire of going away
The worthless form unable me to prove physical capable
Yet it’s apparently unreasonable to breathe and live long
And aye, accumulated merits is but far beyond the mark sufficiency to depart

Dear gracious mother, O my mother
In the knitted network of torturous burden, which place do u bear in  
Underprivileged orphans of your beloved mother
Do grieve at the lacking chance to pronounce the word ‘mother’

Amen enlightened lord of all the heavens wonderment  
Trampled to ashes by sufferings is my beloved mother
With boundless compassion and loving kindness of your holy lord
Do lend her aid; beseech you, to tread the beauteous path of enlightenment.


                                                                                                “Tabucholay mawa zamling ga” by Duptho Zangmo




3 comments:

  • Sogyel says:
    November 24, 2011 at 11:38 PM

    zai.....you translated it into a good poem....:)

  • gayatri bhandari says:
    November 25, 2011 at 5:12 PM

    nice one bro....
    One cliche song finally got a beautiful rebirth...in a form of poem..

    thank you for fathering her..hehe..

    keep posting la..liked it very much.

  • Anonymous says:
    November 30, 2011 at 11:45 PM

    nice

Post a Comment